Worth watching out for.
- John Cleare
Adventure Cycle-Touring Handbook
Worldwide Cycling Route & Planning Guide
In stock now
30 colour photos 100 B&W photos
135mm x 210mm 5-1/2" x 8"
- Very useful for cyclists going further afield.
- Cycle magazine
- The author, Stephen Lord, is an example to us all. He used to be a banker but he chucked it in to cycle the world.
- Matt Rudd, The Sunday Times
- An excellent investment
- The Sunday Times
- Inspiring...and gives plenty of advice on where to get more specific help.
- Essential for anyone planning a mammoth cycle trip.
- This extensive bible covers all you need to know.
- Cycling Active
- Solid gold, and a joy to read.
- The definitive guide to how, where, why and what to do on a cycle expedition...
- Adventure Travel Magazine
- Recommended in "First time...Cycle touring" by Rob Penn
Second edition of Stephen Lord's book that has become the cycle-tourist's Bible and inspiration.
Every cyclist dreams of making the big Trip, the Grand Cycle Tour abroad. Whether that's a two-week trip or a year-long journey, the Adventure Cycle-Touring Handbook is the comprehensive manual that will make the dream a reality. Riding the Karakoram Highway, cycling in Tibet or pedalling from Patagonia to Alaska, whether you're planning your own Big Trip or just enjoy reading about other people's adventures, the Handbook is guaranteed to illuminate, entertain and above all, inspire.
- Fully updated 2nd edition of the guide to worldwide long-distance trips - from two-week tours to epic adventures of many months or more.
- Practical information and inspiration. The book is divided into three sections:
- Part 1: Practical information - newly updated information on choosing and equipping a bike, clothing, camping gear, health and survival.
- Part 2: Trans-continental route outlines - where to go across Europe, Africa, Asia, North & South America and the latest information on visas and border crossings, as well as advice on cultural sensitivities and local customs.
- Part 3: Tales from the Saddle - first-hand accounts and trip reports from seasoned cycle-tourists; 10 NEW tales for this edition.
Read an interview with Stephen on the Travelling Two website here
Read an Excerpt:
- Sample route guide: Cairo to Cape Town
- Tales from the Saddle: England to Australia
Price: £14.99 buy online now…