— The Bookseller
Cotswold Way: Chipping Campden to Bath
(British Walking Guide)
30 colour photos plus 4pp colour flower guide.
- It never steered us wrong.
- T. Fuller
- Absolutely invaluable for planning my walk â€“ especially for accommodation and transport links.
- David Hofman
- Maintains the hallmarks of these popular Trailblazer LDP guides.
- Strider, Journal of the Long Distance Walkers Association, August 2009
- All the information a backpacker needs
- Backpack magazine
- A polished guide to the Cotswold Way National Trail, with detailed maps, GPS waypoints and masses of practical information including a section on 'minimum impact walking'.
- Walk Magazine, The Ramblers' Association
The Cotswold Way is a 102-mile (163km) National Trail that runs from Chipping Campden to Bath, following the beautiful Cotswold escarpment for much of its course. The trail leads through quintessentially English countryside with little villages of honey-coloured stone, from open farmland to the historic city of Bath.
Includes accommodation, pubs and restaurants in detailed guides to 48 towns and villages along or near the route.
This new 3rd edition has been completely rewalked and all the information checked and updated.
- Includes 44 detailed walking maps: the largest-scale maps available – At just under 1:20,000 (8cm or 3 1/8 inches to one mile) these are bigger than even the most detailed walking maps currently available in the shops.
- Unique mapping features – walking times, directions, tricky junctions, places to stay, places to eat, points of interest. These are not general-purpose maps but fully edited maps drawn by walkers for walkers.
- Itineraries for all walkers – whether hiking the entire route or sampling highlights on day walks or short breaks. Detailed public transport information for all access points.
- Practical information for all budgets – what to see; where to eat (cafés, pubs and restaurants); where to stay (B&Bs, hotels, hostels and campsites).
- All places that offer baths (as well as/instead of showers) are now mentioned, as are those that accept dogs – both being important features for many walkers. We have also noted places that have wi-fi.
- Detailed public transport information for all access points.
- New colour overview maps section
- Trail profile
Read an Excerpt:
- About the Cotswold Way
- Planning your walk
- Using this guide
- Sample route guide: Birdlip to Painswick
- Stage Map and Trail Profile sample
Price: £11.99 buy online now…