I've said it before and I'll say it again, Trailblazer guides take some beating.
- Adventure Travel
Siberian BAM Guide: rail, rivers & road
North-East Russia's Siberian BAM railway, Lena river & Kolyma highway
384 pages 30 maps
25 colour photos 50 B&W photos
120mm x 180mm, 5" x 7"
- Essential reading ... for anyone planning to experience travel on this newest of Far Eastern railway
- The Railway Magazine
- A pioneering guidebook packed with detail
- Railway Gazette
- The year's most esoteric travel guide...an encyclopaedic companion.
- The Independent
Revised second edition
Expanded from the first edition (Siberian BAM Railway Guide) to include not only travel by rail on the BAM but also on the Lena by steamer and on the winter road to Magadan in this fascinating corner of Russia. Fully updated and retitled Siberian BAM Guide - Rail, Rivers & Road, this is the only guide to the north-east Siberian BAM region.
Note that although the Siberian BAM Guide makes extensive use of the Russian language we have omitted it from this website since most computers will not have Cyrillic fonts installed.
- Practical information – full details of how to get to the region, where to stay, what to see and how to get around; plus 30 maps
- City guides and maps – Taishet, Bratsk, Zheleznogorsk-Ilimski, Ust-Kut, Lena, Severobaikalsk, Nizhneangarsk, Taksimo, Kuanda, Novaya Chara, Tynda, Novy Urgal, Komsomolsk-na-Amure, Amursk, Vanino, Sovetskaya Gavan, Khabarovsk, Kirensk, Magadan, Aldan & Yakutsk
- BAM Railway route guide – covering the 3400km of mountain railway, closed until 1991, from north of Lake Baikal to the Pacific, with detailed information on how to take the train and what to see
- Lena River route guide – the entire river from source to Arctic Ocean, including the 1988km served by steam-driven passenger boats
- Kolyma Highway route guide – the rugged land route from Yakutsk to Magadan, built by Stalin’s political prisoners
Read an Excerpt:
Price: £13.99 buy online now…