Trailblazer guidebooks provide practical information on specific routes in less accessible parts of the world.
Nepal Trekking and the Great Himalaya Trail
A Route and Planning Guide
8pp colour maps
24pp colour photos
- everything you need to know when planning a trip
- Adventure Travel, May/June 2015
- ... showcases the newest trekking areas and has extensive planning sections.
- telegraph.co.uk, May 2013
- No 1, Best Books
- Mustang, Nepal feature, Walkopedia online magazine, Spring 2013
- Backpack, Autumn 2011
- ... a wealth of information
- Strider, August 2011
- A fresh new dimension to eco-trekking in Nepal.
- Nepali Times, June 2011
- ...details many routes in Nepal, including the full mountain traverse.
- Wanderlust, June/July 2011
With extensive sections to help you choose your trekking region, this is a route and planning guide for anyone organising a trekking holiday in Nepal. It includes the most popular routes as well as the newest trekking areas plus the most extreme route of all, the Great Himalaya Trail. There are route guides to the following regions:
Solu-Khumbu (Everest Region)
Helambu & Langtang
Ganesh & Manaslu
Annapurna, Naar & Phu, Mustang
The Far West
The guide covers:
Visas, permits, fees and equipment
Choosing a trek – independent tea-house trekking or guided treks arranged through trekking agencies; choosing a guide and crew; when to go; trekking grades and duration
Kathmandu & Pokhara city guides – hotels, restaurants, what to see
Nepal background – people, religions, festivals and etiquette
Health, safety and responsible tourism
Colour mapping – showing the main trekking routes in Nepal
- 2nd edition updated and expanded
The Great Himalaya Trail
Running the entire 4500 km length of the Himalaya via Bhutan, Nepal and India, The Great Himalaya Trail is the world’s longest and highest walking route. The author is the first person to plot and describe the complete route; the 160-day Nepal section is included here. It winds through all of Nepal’s regions following main trekking routes linking these using local trails.
Read an Excerpt:
- Planning your trek: trekking styles
- Route Guide: main trekking areas
- Kanchenjunga region
Price: £14.99 buy online now…