I've said it before and I'll say it again, Trailblazer guides take some beating.
— Adventure Travel
The Cyclist's Anthology
120mm x 180mm
- a collection of entertaining writings
- Scotland Outdoors
- If you love bikes and cycling - then this book is a must for you.
- Burnley Express
- A compendium of literary snippets about two-wheeled travel, it takes in everything from Twain and Hemingway to Bradley Wiggins.
- 'a fascinating read that would make a lovely gift for any cycling enthusiast'
- CTC, The National Cycling Charity
In this fascinating anthology on cycling and journeys by bicycle, Nicky Slade has drawn on the writings of more than 50 literary figures and famous personalities: J.G. Ballard, John Betjeman, Quentin Blake, Arthur Conan Doyle, E.M. Forster, Ernest Hemingway, Jerome K Jerome, D.H. Lawrence, Somerset Maugham, Dervla Murphy, Eric Newby, Dorothy Sayers, Mark Twain, H.G. Wells and Tour de France winner Bradley Wiggins among many others.
Read an Excerpt:
- Sample 1: A Passage to India (E.M. Forster, 1924)
- Sample 2: Tandem Trouble, 1914 (Jerome K. Jerome)
- Sample 3: Mulga Bill's Bicycle, 1896 (A.B. 'Banjo' Paterson)
Price: £9.99 buy online now…