These Trailblazer guides … are a godsend for independent travelers.
— Travel & Leisure
The Railway Anthology
ISBN 978 1 905864 621
120mm x 180mm
- excellent, coat-pocketable collection of writing
- National Railway Museum Review
- endorses the transformative power of railways
- Good Book Guide
- an excellent bedside companion
- This England
- 'Evocative, thought-provoking...once you get under steam with this one, it is hard to stop! Highly Recommended
- Heritage Railway
- a perfect gift!
- County Life
- good gift for a journey
- Oxfordshire Limited Edition
- all aspects of rail travel - funny, sombre, celebratory and cautionary - find ample reflection in Manley's entertaining volume.
- Good Book Guide
- joyous, glorious and timeless
- Books Monthly
Following the success of her Walker’s Anthology, Deborah Manley has applied the same formula to the subject of railways and journeys by train, drawing on the writings of more than 50 famous literary and historical figures from around the world – Bill Bryson, Charles Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, George Eliot, Peter Fleming, Kenneth Grahame, Thomas Hardy, Rudyard Kipling, Eric Newby, WM Thackeray, Paul Theroux, Anthony Trollope, Colin Thubron, Mark Tully and Mark Twain among many others.
- Brief biographies of all the writers quoted are included
- This anthology of short excerpts will appeal to rail travellers and armchair travellers alike.
- As a hardback book of 160pp it is perfect as a gift book.
PRAISE FOR THE WALKER’S ANTHOLOGY
‘One of the four best new titles’ – CONDEÌ NAST TRAVELLER
‘Beautifully composed’ – THE GREAT OUTDOORS
'The perfect gift.' – COUNTRY LIFE
‘A Quality Street box of trekking delights’ – WANDERLUST TRAVEL MAGAZINE
‘Perfect to pop in your rucksack ... or to read in the comfort of a winter armchair.' – THE GOOD BOOK GUIDE
‘The perfect companion’– THE LADY
‘Entertaining compilation’ – WALK, MAGAZINE OF THE RAMBLERS
‘A gem of a book...the ultimate walking companion.’ – COUNTRY WALKING
Price: £9.99 buy online now…