Worth watching out for.
— John Cleare
The Walker's Anthology - Further Tales
120mm x 180mm
Following the success of The Walker’s Anthology, The Railway Anthology, and The Cyclist’s Anthology we’re continuing this series with a further anthology, The Walker’s Anthology - Further Tales, on the subject of walking, climbing and mountaineering.
Almost every author who has ever written has had something to say on the subject of walking. In this anthology of further tales we have drawn on the writings of more than 50 literary figures from around the world – Jane Austen, Bill Bryson, Bruce Chatwin, Charles Dickens, Thomas Hardy, Patrick Leigh Fermor, Dervla Murphy, Laurie Lee, Bayard Taylor, Robert Louis Stevenson, H.D. Thoreau, Anthony Trollope and Mark Twain among many others.
- This anthology of short excerpts on the subject of walking, hiking and climbing around the world will appeal to hikers and armchair travellers alike.
- As a hardback book of 160pp it is perfect as a gift book.
Read an Excerpt:
- Sample 1: Encounter with a bear, 2007
- Sample 2: The Road Not Taken, 1915
- Sample 3: Preparations for a long walk, 1933
- Sample 4: Travels in West Africa, 1894
Price: £9.99 buy online now…