Worth watching out for.
- John Cleare
Adventure Motorcycling Handbook
A Route & Planning Guide
6th edition, 400 pages
20 colour photos 120 B&W photos
210mm x 135mm, 8-1/4" x 5-1/4"
- ...one of those essential volumes that belongs on every biker's bookshelf.
- The Rider's Digest, August 2013
- without a doubt the best adventure motorcycling reference book available
- Adventure Rider – Kiwi Steve
- ... all you need to know about adventuring by bike
- Adventure Bike Rider, April 2013
- If you're planning an overland adventure the AMH should be on your checklist right next to 'motorcycle' and 'passport'.
- Trailbike Magazine, April 2013
- ...vital reading for anyone contemplating an overland adventure.
- Motorcycle Mojo (USA), April 2013
- Most highly recommended.
- Overland Expo, USA, January 2013
- every biker would do well to read this book even if no trips are planned - because I defy anyone not to have a plan, or the urge to plan, once you reach the back cover.
- London Bikers, November 2012
- ...a brilliantly informative, yet entertaining read for any motorcyclist with a dash of wanderlust.
- Motorcycle Monthly, November 2012
- This is one of those must have books
- Overland magazine, November 2012
- ... a gritty, honest, hard won review of what actually works and what you really need to ride a motorcycle overland.
- Overland International (USA), November 2012
- … (AMH6) is just about the most comprehensive travel book I have ever read.
- Adventure Rider, 31 October 2012
- The first thing we did was buy Chris Scott's 'Adventure Motorcycling Handbook'.
- Ewan McGregor, The Long Way Round
- ‘The book that I can say, without exaggeration, helped to change my life ’
- Lois Pryce, Overland Journal (USA)
- ‘Whether you’re just dreaming of an adventure, or you’ve already started planning, you must read this book ... Chris Scott’s a veteran of serious travel’
- Bike Magazine (UK)
- The first edition of the Adventure Motorcycling Handbook ... inspired motorcyclists across the world and launched the motorcycle websites that today bring bikers together to share information and plan their overland adventures.
- The Daily Telegraph
- This book has, pound for pound, more hard facts and information about international motorcycle touring than anything else around
With all you need to know in one book and now in its 3rd decade, the 6th edition of AMH is the best yet
Every red-blooded motorcyclist dreams of making the Big Trip – this comprehensive manual will make that dream a reality. Timbuktu to Kathmandu or Patagonia to Mongolia, whether you're planning your own Big Trip or just enjoy reading about other people's adventures, this book is guaranteed to illuminate, entertain and, above all, inspire.
- Fully-revised 6th edition
- Practical information – Essential documentation, ten overland machines rated, preparation and gear for riding in or across the countries of the developing world (the ‘AM Zone’) as well as dealing with culture shock, borders, robbery, medical emergencies, accidents, shipping, navigation, wild camping, highway and off-road riding, fault diagnosis plus filming and also overlanding on quads.
- Trans-continental route outlines – Across Africa, Asia and Latin America. Improved mapping shows overland routes.
- Tales from the Saddle – Spoke-bending moto adventures from the earliest two-wheel pioneers to contemporary first-hand accounts from India, Morocco, South America, Pakistan and Siberia.
- More information at – www.adventure-motorcycling.com
Read interview with Chris by Into the Wild http://gapyearblog.org.uk/blog/2012/9/6/into-the-wild-meets-chris-scott-adventure-travel-writer.html
Read an Excerpt:
- Contents list
- AMH history
- Choosing a motorcycle
- Life on the road
- Sample route outline (Darien Gap)
- Tales from the Saddle (sample)
Check the Author's website
Price: £15.99 buy online now…