— The Bookseller
Adventure Motorcycling Handbook
A Route & Planning Guide
7th edition, 352 pages
22 colour photos 150 B&W photos
210mm x 135mm, 8-1/4" x 5-1/4"
- not just essential motorcycle adventure research, it's essential motorcycle adventure literature reading.
- The Riders Digest.co.uk
- There is simply no other resource with such a broad spectrum of traveling wisdom – mechanical, cultural, and anecdotal.
- Adventure Motorcycle Magazine, Sept-Oct 2016 (USA)
- A fountain of knowledge
- Adventure Bike Rider, 2016
- if you only ever buy one book on adventure riding then make it this one.
- Rust 8, April 2016
- Top 10 of greatest moments in adventure motorcycling
- Adventure Bike Rider, April 2016
- hugely inspirational and always gives me a little shiver of excitement when I open it
- Overland Magazine, April 2016
- The book the serious travellers refer to
- Ride, April 2016
- 'The first thing we did was buy the Adventure Motorcycling Handbook'
- Ewan McGregor, The Long Way Round
- Fortunately, I had Chris Scott's indispensible 'Adventure Motorcycling Handbook' up my sleeve, which clearly outlines the unwritten rules.
- Dan Walsh [in the Sahara], Bike magazine 500th issue (Dec 2014)
- ...one of those essential volumes that belongs on every biker's bookshelf.
- The Rider's Digest
- without a doubt the best adventure motorcycling reference book available
- Adventure Rider, Kiwi Steve
- ... all you need to know about adventuring by bike
- Adventure Bike Rider
- If you're planning an overland adventure the AMH should be on your checklist right next to 'motorcycle' and 'passport'.
- Trailbike Magazine
- ...vital reading for anyone contemplating an overland adventure.
- Motorcycle Mojo (USA)
- Most highly recommended.
- Overland Expo, USA
- every biker would do well to read this book even if no trips are planned - because I defy anyone not to have a plan, or the urge to plan, once you reach the back cover.
- London Bikers
- ...a brilliantly informative, yet entertaining read for any motorcyclist with a dash of wanderlust.
- Motorcycle Monthly
- This is one of those must have books
- Overland magazine
- ... a gritty, honest, hard won review of what actually works and what you really need to ride a motorcycle overland.
- Overland International (USA)
- (AMH6) is just about the most comprehensive travel book I have ever read.
- Adventure Rider
- ˜The book that I can say, without exaggeration, helped to change my life
- Lois Pryce, Overland Journal (USA)
- ˜Whether you're just dreaming of an adventure, or you've already started planning, you must read this book ... Chris Scott's a veteran of serious travel.
- Bike Magazine (UK)
- The first edition of the Adventure Motorcycling Handbook ... inspired motorcyclists across the world and launched the motorcycle websites that today bring bikers together to share information and plan their overland adventures.
- The Daily Telegraph
- This book has, pound for pound, more hard facts and information about international motorcycle touring than anything else around
'The first thing we did was buy the Adventure Motorcycling Handbook'
Ewan McGregor - The Long Way Round
Every red-blooded motorcyclist dreams of making the Big Trip – Chris Scott’s Adventure Motorcycling Handbook, now updated and in its 7th edition, is the comprehensive manual to make that dream a reality. Cape Town to Kathmandu or Patagonia to Mongolia, whether you're planning your own Big Trip or just enjoy reading about other people's adventures, this book is guaranteed to illuminate, entertain and, above all, inspire.
- Fully-revised 7th edition
- Practical information – Choosing a bike and preparation: documentation, sponsorship, ten popular overland machines rated, preparation and gear (what you actually need, not what you can buy) as well as dealing with culture shock, borders, robbery, medical emergencies, shipping, navigation, wild camping, highway and off-road riding, fault diagnosis plus Austin Vince’s filming tips.
- Trans-continental route outlines – Across Asia, Africa and Latin America – the countries of the developing world: aka the ‘AM Zone’.
- Tales from the Saddle – Spoke-bending moto adventures from the earliest two-wheel pioneers to recent first-hand accounts.
- Trip reports from contemporary travellers – including Jamie Duncan, Steph Jeavons, Lois Pryce, Ted Simon and Lisa & Simon Thomas.
- More information at – www.adventure-motorcycling.com
Read an Excerpt:
- Contents list
- AMH history
- Choosing a motorcycle
- Life on the road
- Sample route outline (Peru and Bolivia)
- Tales from the Saddle (sample)
Check the Author's website
Price: £15.99 buy online now…