Trailblazer Guides are produced by people who know exactly what information is needed - not just to get from A to B but to be entertaining as well as informative.
- The Great Outdoors
Coast to Coast Path: St Bees to Robin Hood's Bay
(British Walking Guide)
55 colour photos 10 B&W photos
120mm x 180mm 5" x 7"
- an enjoyable hike made easier by your publication
- John Hedrick, President of the Potomac Appalachian Trail Club in Virginia, USA. Sep 2012
- Backpack, Autumn 2010
- The numerous detailed walking maps ... make planning your hike all the more easy.
- Trek & Mountain, June 2010
- You could pick this book up and never use another resource from the first stages of planning to arriving in St. Bees.
- Stuart Greig
- The most complete guide: with all the detail you'll need for a walk in Wainwright's footsteps.
- The Sunday Times
- We were very impressed by your guidebook & I used it not only for the walk but also for booking B&Bs etc.
- Jane Johnson
- An outstandingly good value and very useful guide.
- Nichola Hele
- Just like the Hadrian's Wall guide which we used a couple of years ago, it has been a huge help in both planning and doing the walk and really added to our enjoyment.
- David Bull
The Coast to Coast Path is a 191½-mile (307km) trail that runs from St Bees on the Irish Sea across the width of Northern England to the North Sea at Robin Hood’s Bay. This spectacular two-week walk crosses three National Parks – the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales and the North York Moors.
NEW for the 5th edition:
- Profile maps - show the gradients for each stage to help plan the walk
- More colour - extra 16 pages of full colour at the front to help you find information quickly and easily
- High and low level routes - gives you detailed options to consider depending on fitness level and weather
- Completely rewalked and all information rechecked
- 117 maps–8 town plans and 109 large-scale walking maps – at just under 1:20,000 – showing route times, gradients, where to stay, interesting features; includes GPS waypoints
- Itineraries for all walkers – whether walking the route in its entirety over two weeks or sampling the highlights on daywalks and short breaks
- Practical information for all budgets – Where to stay (campsites, hostels, B&Bs, pubs and hotels), where to eat, what to see
- Comprehensive public transport information for day walks– all access points on the path
- Henry Stedman is the author of bestselling Trailblazer guides to Kilimanjaro and Hadrian’s Wall Path
Read an Excerpt:
- About the Coast to Coast path
- Practical information for the walker
- Using this guide
- Sample route guide: Kirkby Stephen to Keld
Price: £11.99 buy online now…