— The Bookseller
Pennine Way: Edale to Kirk Yetholm
(British Walking Guide)
40 colour photos
5 B&W photos
120mm x 180mm, 5" x 7
- The Trailblazer Guide appears to be the preferred choice of most walkers.
- Pennine Way Association, Strider, Winter 2015
- The maps which are hand written on a scale of 1: 20,000, are top class
- The Pennine Way Association
- An excellent book
- Recommended guide
- Walk, the magazine of the Ramblers
- The book is packed with hand-drawn, highly detailed maps.
- Stuart Greig
NEW! Completely rewalked and updated fourth edition.
The Pennine Way, Britain’s best-known National Trail, winds for 253* miles (407.5 km) over wild moorland and through quiet dales following the backbone of northern England. Crossing three national parks – the Peak District, Yorkshire Dales and Northumberland – this superb footpath showcases Britain’s finest upland scenery, while touching the literary landscape of the Brontë family and Roman history along Hadrian’s Wall.
* 268 miles (429km) including optional side routes
GPS waypoints for this route can be found in the 'GPS waypoints' section.
- Practical information for all budgets – what to see, where to eat, where to stay: B&Bs, hotels, campsites, bunkhouses, bothies, hostels, pubs
- Itineraries for all walkers – whether hiking the entire route or sampling highlights on day walks or short breaks. Detailed public transport information for all access points
- Includes 138 detailed walking maps: the largest-scale maps available – At just under 1:20,000 (8cm or 3 1/8 inches to one mile) these are bigger than even the most detailed walking maps currently available in the shops
- Unique mapping features – walking times, directions, tricky junctions, places to stay, places to eat, points of interest. These are not general-purpose maps but fully edited maps drawn by walkers for walkers
New for this edition:
- Extra colour mapping in stage sections (1 stage per page) and trail profiles
- 50+ extra GPS reference points aid tricky navigational areas
- Recent route changes eg Dufton, incorporated onto maps
- All accommodation and where to eat information updated
Read an Excerpt:
- Contents list
- About the Pennine Way
- Practical information for the walker
- Using this guide
- Sample route guide: Calder Valley to Ickornshaw
- GPS waypoints
Price: £11.99 buy online now…