Worth watching out for.
— John Cleare
Dales Way: Ilkley to Bowness-on-Windermere
(British Walking Guide)
ISBN 978 1 905864 78 2
38 detailed walking maps
23 town and village guides
30 colour photos & colour flower and bird sections
120mm x 180mm, 5" x7"
- 'Hikers will be delighted'
- Evergreen, Winter 2016
- 'Trailblazer really have got it right with their route maps. They rival Wainwright's mapping for accuracy and detail and if anything are actually easier on the eye to read.'
- Backpack magazine, Winter 2016
The Dales Way long-distance footpath begins in Ilkley, in the Yorkshire Dales National Park and runs for 81 miles (130km) to end in the Lake District, at Bowness-on-Windermere. It follows the beautiful River Wharf towards Ribblehead, then meanders along the river valleys of Dentdale, eventually dropping down into the Lake District National Park to finish near Lake Windermere.
It’s a relatively easy walk that takes about a week. Information about link routes from Harrogate, Bradford and Leeds is also given.
- The largest scale walking maps available – at just under 1:20,000 – our maps are bigger than even the most detailed walking maps currently available elsewhere
- Unique mapping features - in many walking guides the reader has to read a route description then try to relate it to the map. Our guides are easier to use because walking directions, tricky junctions, places to stay and eat, points of interest and walking times are all written onto the maps themselves in the places to which they apply.
- Downloadable GPS waypoints also included.
- Itineraries for all walkers – whether walking the route in its entirety over two weeks or sampling the highlights on day walks and short breaks
- All-in-one-guide – reviews of places to stay (campsites, hostels, B&Bs, pubs and hotels), places to eat, attractions along the way
- Comprehensive public transport information for weekend and day walks– all access points on the path
- Henry Stedman is the author of bestselling Trailblazer guides to Coast to Coast Path and Hadrian’s Wall Path
Read an Excerpt:
- Practical information for the walker
- Sample route guide: Barden Bridge to Burnsall
- Sample Trail Profile & Overview Map
Price: £11.99 buy online now…