Engagingly written — all the guides from this stable are first class
Moroccan Atlas - the Trekking Guide
includes Marrakech City Guide
32pp colour photos
10 B&W illustrations
120mm x 180mm, 5" x 7"
- Very detailed for certain treks in the Toubkal, Mgoun, Sirwa and Sahro regions. Extensive background information.
- Hamish Brown, The High Atlas - treks and climbs in Morocco's biggest and best mountains, 2012
- Deserves to become a classic.
- Dr Michael Peyron, specialist in Berber language, literature and culture, July 2012
- Wanderlust, November 2011
- ...all the information one would expect, and some that you would not expect!
- Backpack, Spring 2011
- This valuable guide offers a fascinating insight into the Atlas and opens up some stunning routes.
- Strider, April 2011
- A very useful guide ... obviously put together by someone who knows their subject in great depth.
- Scottish Mountaineer, February 2011
- A great new trekking guide.
- Travel Africa, Winter 2010/11
Fully revised and expanded 2nd edition
Stretching 2000km (1200 miles) from the Atlantic port of Agadir east to Tunisia the Atlas form one of the world's great trekking ranges. The High Atlas region in central Morocco is the most dramatic and beautiful section of the entire range. Towering peaks, deep gorges and huddled Berber villages enchant all who visit.
- 66 detailed trekking maps – showing route times, places to stay and points of interest. The best treks in: Toubkal, Sirwa, Sahro, Mgoun
- Practical information – planning your trip and getting to Morocco from Europe, North America and Australasia
- Cultural and historical background – customs, religion, art, cuisine
- Town guides and 15 town plans – Marrakech, Ouarzazate, Imlil, Aroumd, Azilal, Bou Taghrar & Tamalout, Taliwine, Iknioun, Nkoub, Qalaa't Mgouna, Souk el Had & Imelghas, Telouat and Boumalne du Dades showing street plans, where to stay, where to eat, what to see and how to get to the start of your trek
- Green hiking and mountain safety – how to stay healthy on your trek and minimise your impact on a fragile region
- Language sections – Arabic, Berber and French
- Atlas flora and fauna – with an illustrated bird identification section
- GPS Waypoints
Read an Excerpt:
- Minimum impact trekking
- Planning your trip
- Using this guide
- Sample trek: Toubkal circular trek
- Moroccan Atlas Trekking Routes
Price: £14.99 buy online now…