I've said it before and I'll say it again, Trailblazer guides take some beating.
— Adventure Travel
a worldwide route and planning guide for Car 4WD Van Truck
1st edition 752pp 12 maps
30 colour photos, 300 B&W photos
Hardback 210mm X 135mm
- A great resource.
- Wild Travel
- Brilliantly written in an entertaining and informative way.
- Motorcaravan Motorhome Monthly
- I cannot recommend this book highly enough. It is the first word, the last word, and if there is such a thing, the middle word, on overlanding. Buy it â€“ you won't regret it.
- SA 4X4 magazine
- A must for any budding overlander
- Land Rover Monthly
- Buy this book ... and turn your overland dream into a reality
- Land Rover World
- Essential reading... refreshingly jargon-free
- 4x4 Mart
- Absolutely mandatory reading for anyone contemplating overland travel...Already a veteran? Trust me, you'll still learn something...
- Overland Journal
- steers... the reader towards the most cost-effective solutions and [...] real advice, country by country
- 4X4 Magazine
- ... covers every topic imaginable and will inspire you to pack your vehicle and head off in a new direction.
- There is nothing else quite like this out there.
- The Bookseller
From Timbuktu to Kathmandu via Machu Picchu Overlanders’ Handbook covers everything you need to know in one comprehensive manual
Chris Scott and his band of 50 globetrotting contributors have put together the definitive manual for planning and undertaking a vehicle-dependent overlanding adventure across the wilds of Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- Planning and preparation
- When to go, costs, documentation and sponsorship, plus accounts of early overland journeys.
- Vehicle choice and preparation. Covers everything from adapting a cheap car to equipping a campervan or 4x4 for months on the road, or even building and outfitting your own cabin to mount on an all-terrain truck chassis.
- Life on the road. How to handle difficult borders, haggle over a purchase, treat a dodgy stomach and cope with crazy driving conditions. Guidance on wild camping, navigation and mapping strategies, vehicle shipping, advice for solo women, travelling with children or with pets, vehicle repairs and trouble-shooting, and off-road driving techniques.
- Continental route outlines. Guidelines on both popular and obscure overland routes through Africa, Asia and Latin America. Includes fuel prices, easiest border crossings and best seasons to travel, visa strategies, danger zones and regional highlights.
- Tales from the road. Half a dozen accounts of global adventures lasting months or even years – in cars, vans, 4x4s and all-terrain trucks.
- Supported by the online resource: www.overlanders-handbook.com
Read an Excerpt:
- Planning and preparation
- Building a cabin
- Sample route outline Asia: Syria & the Middle East
- Southeast Asia
Price: £24.99 buy online now…