Practical guidebooks for the more adventurous traveller.
— The Herald
West Highland Way: Milngavie to Fort William
(British Walking Guide)
60 colour photos; 4pp flower guide
120mm x 180mm, 5" x7"
- I am very impressed by the mapping
- This trailblazer guide is all you need to travel the West Highland Way.
- Richard Gatersleben, The Netherlands
- A super, user-friendly guide.
- Gordon Forrester, Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park
- Country Walking
- If I wrote walking guides, I'd like to think they'd turn out this way.
- John Clarke, Amazon.com
The West Highland Way passes through some of the most spectacular scenery in all of Britain. From the outskirts of Glasgow it winds for 95 miles (152km) along the wooded banks of Loch Lomond, across the wilderness of Rannoch Moor, over the mountains above Glencoe to a dramatic finish at the foot of Ben Nevis – Britain's highest mountain.
NEW 6th EDITION
- Extra colour mapping, in stage sections (one stage per page) also including trail profiles showing the climbs and descents to help you plan your walk each day
- 16pp colour introductory section
- 57 maps – 4 town plans and 53 large-scale walking maps – at just under 1:20,000 – showing route times, gradients, where to stay, interesting features, fully-edited maps drawn by walkers for walkers. Plus downloadable GPS points.
- Itineraries for all walkers – whether walking the route in its entirety over one week, or sampling the highlights on day walks and short breaks.
- Practical information for all budgets – Glasgow through to Fort William: where to stay (campsites, hostels, B&Bs, pubs and hotels), where to eat, what to see.
- Public transport information for all budgets – all access points on the path.
- Fully updated - the entire route has been re-walked and all details re-checked for this new edition.
Read an Excerpt:
- Contents List
- About the West Highland Way
- When to go
- Itineraries and Direction
- Minimum Impact Walking
- Sample route guide: Rowardennan to Inversnaid
- A new way to end the Way
- Stage map and profile: Bridge of Orchy to Kingshouse
Price: £11.99 buy online now…