Practical guidebooks for the more adventurous traveller.
— The Herald
- Alta Via 1 & Alta Via 2
by: Henry Stedman
THIS TITLE NO LONGER AVAILABLE
22 colour photos
120mm x 180mm, 5" x 7"
As a trekking destination the Italian Dolomites has few peers. Juxtaposing dramatic mountain scenery with picture-perfect Tyrolean villages, flower-filled alpine meadows and poignant WWI battlefields, this small yet exquisite range rarely fails to enchant and beguile those who visit.
- 51 walking maps with unique mapping features – walking times, directions, tricky junctions, places to stay and eat, points of interest:
- Alta Via 1 – Lago di Braies to Belluno (9-13 days)
- Alta Via 2 – Bressanone to Feltre (10-16 days)
- Plus – short treks (1-5 days)
- Practical information – planning your trip and getting to the Dolomites
- Historical and cultural background with a comprehensive section on the legends and culture of the indigenous Ladin people
- Includes guides to Cortina d’Ampezzo, Dobbiaco, Belluno, Bressanone and Feltre – detailed street plans, where to stay, where to eat, what to see, and getting to the start of your trek
- Italian language section
- Flora and fauna – full colour guide to the flowers of the Dolomites