I've said it before and I'll say it again, Trailblazer guides take some beating.
- Adventure Travel
Exmoor & North Devon Coast Path (South-West Coast Path Part 1)
Minehead to Bude
53 large-scale walking maps
15 town/village plans
30 colour photos and colour flower section
120mm x 180mm 5" x 7"
- three excellent guides to the trail
- The independent
- crammed with practical information on the route and local amenities, wildlife guides and detailed maps.
- Walk magazine
- Packed with information and excellent hand-drawn maps, these are essential companions.
This new guide covers the first section of the South West Coast Path, from Minehead to Bude (125 miles). This spectacular route passes through the Exmoor National Park following the highest coastline in England (over 800ft), through numerous idyllic villages such as Lynton and Clovelly, around Barnstaple Bay and Hartland Point to the seaside resort of Bude just over the border with Cornwall.
- 68 maps – 15 town and village plans and 53 large-scale walking maps – at just under 1:20,000 – showing route times, gradients, where to stay, interesting features; includes GPS waypoints
- ltineraries for all walkers – whether walking the route in its entirety over 10 days or sampling the highlights on day walks and short breaks
- Practical information for all budgets – Where to stay (campsites, hostels, B&Bs, pubs and hotels), where to eat, what to see
- Comprehensive public transport information for daywalks – all access points on the path
1. Unique mapping features – In many walking guidebooks the reader has to read a route description then try to relate it to the map. Our guides are much easier to use because walking directions, tricky junctions, places to stay and eat, points of interest and walking times are all written onto the
maps themselves in the places to which they apply. With their uncluttered clarity, these are not general-purpose maps but fully-edited maps drawn by walkers for walkers.
2. An all-in-one guide – Trailblazer guides include practical information not usually found in walking guides to the UK: places to stay, places to eat, attractions along the way and public transport information.
3. Part 1 of new South West Coast Path series
Read an Excerpt:
- About the South West Coast Path
- Practical information for the walker
- Using this guide
- Sample route guide: Minehead to Porlock Weir
Price: £11.99 buy online now…