Trailblazer Guides are produced by people who know exactly what information is needed - not just to get from A to B but to be entertaining as well as informative.
— The Great Outdoors
Hadrian's Wall Path: Wallsend to Bowness-on-Solway
(British Walking Guide)
244 pages, 59 maps
48 colour pages + 4pp flower guide
120mm x 180mm, 5" x 7"
- This new edition has ... useful profiles showing ascents and descents
- Scotland Outdoors, September/October 2014
- Your book was our bible
- F Leverentz
- A wealth of interesting information
- Country Walking
- extremely useful
- Alan Pitt
Hadrian’s Wall Path, 84 miles from end to end, follows the course of northern Europe’s largest surviving Roman monument, a 2nd-century fortification built – in the border country between England and Scotland – on the orders of the Emperor Hadrian in AD122.
Hadrian’s Wall Path is the first National Trail to follow the course of a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This week-long walk is regarded as one of the least challenging of the National Trails.
Fourth edition entirely rewalked with all accommodation and each place to eat fully checked.
- 7 town plans, 12 colour overview maps and 45 large scale walking maps – at just under 1:20,000 – showing route times, places to stay, points of interest and much more
- Itineraries for all walkers – whether walking the route in its entirety over seven to eight days or sampling the highlights on day walks and short breaks
- Practical information for all budgets, all updated for the new edition – camping, bunkhouses, hostels, B&Bs, pubs and hotels; Newcastle through to Bowness – where to stay, where to eat, what to see, plus detailed street plans
- Comprehensive public transport information – for all access points on the Hadrian’s Wall Path
Read an Excerpt:
- About Hadrian's Wall Path
- Planning your walk
- Using this guide
- Sample route guide: Heddon-on-the-Wall to Chollerford
Price: £11.99 buy online now…