Trailblazer guidebooks provide practical information on specific routes… in less accessible parts of the world.
Pembrokeshire Coast Path: Amroth to Cardigan
(British Walking Guide)
60 colour photos 4pp colour flower guide
120mm x 180mm, 5" x7"
- Jim Manthorpe's excellent Pembrokeshire Coast Path
- New York Times
- a very enjoyable read.
- Backpack, Autumn 2013
- It felt totally alien to be ditching my OS maps after 3 days as they were completely superfluous to requirements given the detail in your guide.
- M Davies
- Walk magazine, Summer 2011
The Pembrokeshire Coast Path follows a National Trail for 186 miles (299km) around the magnificent coastline of the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park in south-west Wales.
Renowned for its unspoilt sandy beaches, secluded coves, tiny fishing villages and off-shore islands rich in bird and marine life, this National Trail provides some of the best coastal walking in Britain.
NEW FOR 4th EDITION
- Extra colour mapping – 14 stage maps (one stage per page) including trail profiles showing climbs and descents and 2 overview maps to help plan the walk
- Maximum accommodation options – some modifications to starts and ends of stages to give greater choice of places to stay
- Comprehensive information for tidal estuaries – full details on walking along tidal sections of the path to keep safe
- Guided detours around private land eg Ministry of Defence – avoiding road walking where possible
- Includes 96 walking maps – the largest-scale maps available – 12 town plans and 84 large-scale walking maps - at a scale of just under 1:20,000 (8cm or 3-1/8 inches to 1 mile) these are bigger than even the most detailed walking maps currently available in the shops.
- Unique mapping features – walking times, directions, tricky junctions, places to stay, places to eat, points of interest. These are not general-purpose maps but fully-edited maps drawn by walkers for walkers.
- Itineraries for all walkers – whether hiking the route in its entirety or sampling the highlights on day walks or short breaks. Includes detailed public transport information for all access points.
- Practical information for all budgets – what to see, where to stay, where to eat: pubs, hotels, B&Bs, camping, bunkhouses, hostels.
- Comprehensive public transport information for day walks - all access points on the path.
- Flora and fauna - detailed information including 4pp colour flower section.
Read an Excerpt:
- Contents list
- About the Pembrokeshire Coast Path
- Planning your walk
- Using this guide
- Sample route guide: Amroth to Tenby
- Stage section map and profile – sample
Price: £11.99 buy online now…