- The Bookseller
South Downs Way: Winchester to Eastbourne
(British Walking Guide)
ISBN 978-1-905864-42 3
49 colour photos 4 B&W photos
120mm x 180mm (5" x 7")
- Country Walking
- Use the sketch maps in Jim Manthorpe's excellent Trailblazer guide
- The Sunday Times
- All the information needed to enjoy walking the 100 mile trail
- Wildlife magazine, Sussex Wildlife Trust
- A very useful book and certainly recommended
- Backpack magazine
The South Downs Way is a 100-mile (160km) National Trail that follows the line of chalk hills stretching from Winchester in Hampshire across Sussex to Eastbourne. Walking the length of the Downs is the best way to experience this beautiful landscape with its mixture of rolling hills, steep hanging woodland and windswept fields. You'll also pass picture-postcard villages with welcoming pubs, thatched cottages and quintessentially English country gardens.
- Includes 60 detailed walking maps: the largest-scale maps available – at just under 1:20,000 (8cm or 3-1/8 inches to 1 mile) these are bigger than even the most detailed maps currently available in the shops.
- Unique mapping features – walking times, directions, tricky junctions, places to stay, places to eat, points of interest. These are not general-purpose maps but fully edited maps drawn by walkers for walkers.
- Itineraries for all walkers – whether hiking the entire route or sampling highlights on day walks or short breaks. Detailed public transport information for all access points.
- Practical information for all budgets – what to see, where to eat, where to stay: B&Bs, hotels, campsites, bunkhouses, hostels and pubs.
NEW FOR THIS EDITION
- More colour mapping in stage sections (one per stage) also including trail profiles.
- Extra 16 pages of full colour for introductory sections
Read an Excerpt:
- Contents list
- About the South Downs Way
- Practical information for the walker
- Using this guide
- Sample route guide: Exton to Buriton
- Stage map and profile: Winchester to Exton
Price: £11.99 buy online now…