Trailblazer Guides are produced by people who know exactly what information is needed - not just to get from A to B but to be entertaining as well as informative.
— The Great Outdoors
Trans-Canada Rail Guide
Rail Routes â€“ Maps â€“ City Guides
32 colour photos
14 B&W photos
120mm x 180mm, 5" x 7"
- Interview with Helen Howat, Professional Tour Manager, Great Rail Journeys
Question: What single item should a Great Rail Journeys passenger in Canada make sure they pack?
Helen's response: Melissa Graham's excellent Trans-Canada Rail Guide (Trailblazer Publications)
- Explore Canada by Rail supplement, The Daily Telegraph
- A handy Canadian guidebook
- The Telegraph
- The useful guide to the journey
- Railway Gazette International
- For anyone contemplating all or part of this journey, this is THE guide
- The Daily Telegraph
- An essential companion for the rail tourist to Canada.
- The Railway Magazine
Fully revised 5th edition of this established guide to the world's most scenic rail ride
A journey on Canada's transcontinental railroad ranks as one of the greatest rail experiences in the world. Stretching from the Atlantic to the Pacific, the lines span 6358km (3974 miles), taking in not only several of North America's finest cities but also some of the most dramatic scenery on earth, including the spectacular Rocky Mountains.
- Rail travel for all budgets Where to get the best deals whether you are looking for the cheapest rail tickets with shoestring accommodation along the way or the most luxurious guided tours
- City guides and maps All the city guides have been thoroughly updated and include the latest developments in eight major stops along the lines: Halifax, Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Churchill, Calgary, Jasper and Vancouver. Now including: new Frank Gehry extension to the Art Gallery of Ontario, the Michael Lee Chin Crystal extension to the Royal Ontario museum plus more.
- Mile-by-mile route guide What to see along the route; with 27 maps, and now adapted to match VIA's new scheduling/timetables for what to see out of the window as you travel.
- Facts about the Country brought up to date with 'Twenty-First Century Canada'.
Read an Excerpt:
Price: £12.99 buy online now…