Trailblazer guidebooks provide practical information on specific routes in less accessible parts of the world.
The Silk Roads
- A route and planning guide
24 colour photos
4 B&W photos
120 x 180 mm, 5 x 7
- There's no better guide with which to guide yourself.
- TNT Magazine
- No-nonsense information-packed guide
- LAM Magazine
- Recommended in "Last Chance to see... the Chinese Silk Road city of Kashgar"
- The Guardian
THE GREATEST ROUTE OF ALL TIME
Fully updated and expanded third edition of this best-selling guide. Paul Wilson has travelled the Silk Road four times and made this the authoritative guidebook to the route.
The Silk Road was never a single thread across Asia but an intricate web of shorter routes - Silk Roads - which together linked the Pacific Ocean to the Mediterranean Sea. This guidebook covers these routes in their entirety and with it you can retrace the Golden Road to Samarkand, follow in the footsteps of Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan and Marco Polo, and travel the length of the Great Wall of China. With detailed information on over 10,000km (6000 miles) of overland routes both by road and rail, this guide includes:
- 51 city guides with maps – Where to stay, where to eat and what to see in 51 stopovers along the way
- Practical information – For travellers in Syria, Turkey, Iran, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan and China
- Planning your trip – Information for all budgets whether you're an independent traveller or joining a group, and in the new edition multiple options for countries to pass through or avoid
- Also includes lesser-known routes – Southern Taklamakan, Kashgar-Rawalpindi (Karakorum Highway) Marco Polo's route to Xanadu, the Black Sea route
- Extensive history of the Silk Roads – much expanded in the third edition
- Useful words and phrases – Arabic, Russian and Chinese
- Includes 60 maps
Read an Excerpt:
- Contents list
- Planning your trip
- The Middle East - practical information for the visitor
- The Silk Road route maps
- Sample city guide: Samarkand
Price: £14.99 buy online now…