These Trailblazer guides … are a godsend for independent travelers.
— Travel & Leisure
Sinai - The Trekking Guide
30 colour photos
74 detailed trekking maps
8 town plans
120mm x 180mm 5" x 7"
- Highly Commended, Guidebooks, 2014 Awards
- Outdoor Writers and Photographers Guild
- a great book
- Astene Bulletin, Association for the Study of Travel in Egypt and the Near East, Summer 2014
- The thoroughness of the (trail) guides is impressive and the accompanying maps (over 70) are highly detailed.
- Backpack, Spring 2014
- all you need to know.
- The Great Outdoors, April 2014
The massive jagged tooth of land between Africa and Asia, the Sinai is the fabled Biblical setting of The Exodus. It's a region of high mountains and sweeping deserts, home to wandering Bedouin tribes, Byzantine monasteries and crumbling Egyptian temples. Walk ancient trails and discover one of the Middle East’s most exciting new trekking destinations.
The Sinai can be trekked all year and it’s on the doorstep of Europe. Budget airlines fly direct and the trekking is affordable if you organise everything independently. Once you finish on trail it’s easy to stay occupied off it at nearby Red Sea resorts with their gin-clear waters and coral reefs.
Highly Commended, Guidebooks, 2014 Awards, Outdoor Writers and Photographers Guild
Judges' comments: 'the book is so well written, I was left feeling the only thing I needed was the cash for the air fare.'
- Choosing and arranging a trek – When to go; trekking agencies; arranging guides and cameleers
- Practical information – planning your trip, visas, getting to Egypt, travel tips
- Background to Egypt & Sinai – history, people, culture, food, flora & fauna
- Sharm el Sheikh, Dahab, Taba, El Tur – hotels, restaurants, sights, street plans
- Health, safety & responsible tourism. Trek safely in this fragile regio
- Language – survival Arabic
- Waypoints – downloadable to your GPS.
Includes trekking options from one day to one week (or more) with 74 large-scale trekking maps showing walking times, water sources and all points of interest. Covers treks in the High Mountain, Wadi Feiran and desert regions.
â— Mount Sinai (Jebel Musa)
â— Jebel Katherina & Jebel Abbas Basha
â— Jebel Umm Shomer
â— Galt el Azraq
â— Jebel el Deir
â— Northern Peaks Circuit
â— Jebel Serbal Circuit
â— Jebel Salla
â— Wadi Feiran to Serabit el Khadem
â— Ras Shaitan to Ein Hudera
â— The Haduda Dune
â— Desert Traverse
This is the most comprehensive trekking guide to the Sinai yet published and is an all-in-one travel guide for the peninsula; it's the ONLY book you'll need.
Follow Ben's blog - www.gotellitonthemountain.net
Read an Excerpt:
- Planning your trek
- When to go
- Route options
- Sharm el Sheikh
- High Mountain Region
- Sample trek: Jebel Berqa
- Sinai desert trekking routes map
Price: £14.99 buy online now…