I've said it before and I'll say it again, Trailblazer guides take some beating.
— Adventure Travel
The Walker's Haute Route
- Mont Blanc to the Matterhorn
43 colour photos
120mm x 180mm 5" x 7"
- Recommended guide
- Trek & Mountain
- Excellent book
- Scottish Mountaineer
- This excellent guidebook reinforces magnificently what we all know â€“ that the best mountain views are not the ones from the summits. It is in the borderland zone, amongst flower-filled alpine meadows, that the greatest pleasure is to be had, ...to enjoy some of the most spectacular glaciated mountain in the world.
- Stephen Venables, mountaineer, writer, broadcaster
- Really helpful providing practical information and entertaining with all the stories from the area.
- Bernd Rickenberg, Denmark
- ...a comprehensive guide to the area as well as providing a detailed route description - two for the price of one!
- Strider, Journal of the Long Distance Walkers Association, August 2009
The Alps offer almost unlimited adventure, and the Walker's Haute Route is probably the best way of getting deep into these spectacular mountains. Trekking from Mont Blanc to the Matterhorn, from Chamonix in France to Zermatt in Switzerland, you'll traverse one of the finest stretches of the Pennine Alps. A challenging 13-day walk over 11 ridges in 113 miles (180kms), it isn't technically demanding and the rewards are immense.
- 50 detailed trail maps - with comprehensive route descriptions
- Unique mapping features - walking times, directions, tricky junctions, places to stay, places to eat, points of interest, all written directly on to the maps themselves
- Itineraries for all walkers - whether hiking the entire route or sampling highlights on day walks or short breaks; includes detailed public transport information for all access points
- Accommodation and restaurants - reviews of places to stay and eat at all budgets: the pick of the gites, hotels and restaurants on The Walker's Haute Route
- Guides and town maps for Chamonix & Zermatt - including nine maps of day walks in the mountains surrounding Zermatt
- Useful words & phrases - in both Swiss-French and Swiss-German
Read an Excerpt:
Price: £12.99 buy online now…