Trailblazer guidebooks provide practical information on specific routes… in less accessible parts of the world.
Cornwall Coast Path (South-West Coast Path Part 2)
Bude to Plymouth
142 detailed walking maps & town plans
20 colour photos & colour flower and bird sections
120mm x 180mm, 5" x7"
- three excellent guides to the trail
- The independent, 30 March 2013
- Editor's choice
- Cornwall Today, April 2013
- Packed with information and excellent hand-drawn maps, these are essential companions.
- Wanderlust, October/November 2012
- Trailblazer has a strong reputation for the idiosyncratic but very useful maps that illustrate these handy guides, which are small and light enough to slip into a backpack or coat pocket.
- The Telegraph, 8 September 2009
- To read it makes you wish to be there walking the route. Recommended.
- Backpack, Journal of the Backpackers Club, Autumn 2009
This guide to the coast path from Bude to Plymouth (288-1/4 miles/ 460km) covers the Cornwall section of the 630-mile South-West Coast Path National Trail around the western tip of Britain and is the second book in this three-part series. It was based on Cornwall Coast Path – Bude to Falmouth originally written by Edith Schofield and rewalked, re-researched and expanded by Henry Stedman and Joel Newton accompanied by Daisy.
The Cornwall Coast Path comprises some of the best coastal walking in Europe. With constantly changing scenery, the footpath takes in secluded coves, tiny fishing villages, rocky headlands, bustling resorts, wooded estuaries and golden surf-washed beaches. It is an area rich in wildlife, with seabirds, wild flowers, dolphins and seals.
The path has been completely rewalked and all the information checked for the new 4th edition.
NEW FOR THIS EDITION
- Now covers the entire 288-mile coastline of Cornwall
- Full colour introductory section to Cornwall and the coast path
- Also includes a detailed guide to the gateway city of Plymouth
- Plus – walking with a dog. Test walked by Daisy, author Henry Stedman's dog who accompanied him every step of the way
- Includes 142 detailed walking maps: the largest-scale maps available – At just under 1:20,000 (8cm or 31/8 inches to 1 mile) these are bigger than even the most detailed walking maps currently available in the shops. Now includes GPS waypoints.
- Itineraries for all walkers – whether walking the entire route over 17 to 23 days or sampling the highlights on day walks or short breaks. Detailed public transport information for all access points.
- Practical information for all budgets – Bude through to Falmouth: where to stay (campsites, hostels, B&Bs, pubs and hotels), where to eat, what to see.
1. Unique mapping features – In many walking guidebooks the reader has to read a route description then try to relate it to the map. Our guides are much easier to use because walking directions, tricky junctions, places to stay and eat, points of interest and walking times are all written onto the maps themselves in the places to which they apply. With their uncluttered clarity, these are not general-purpose maps but fully-edited maps drawn by walkers for walkers.
2. An all-in-one guide – Trailblazer guides include practical information not usually found in walking guides to the UK: places to stay, places to eat, attractions along the way and public transport information.
3. Part 2 of new South-West Coast Path series
Read an Excerpt:
- About the coast path
- Planning your walk
- Using this guide
- Sample route guide: Bude to Crackington Haven
Price: £11.99 buy online now…