Trailblazer guidebooks provide practical information on specific routes in less accessible parts of the world.
New Zealand - The Great Walks
Planning, Places to Stay, Places to Eat
14 colour photos
7 B&W photos
120mm x 180mm
- A great guide to the star trails.
- Country Walking
- ...an essential read for anyone planning a walking trip to New Zealand.
- Trek & Mountain
- Trailblazer books pack a great deal between their covers
New Zealand is a wilderness paradise of incredibly beautiful landscapes. Outstanding scenery, a rich heritage and extensive outdoor activities combine to make it one of the world's most exciting destinations and there is no better way to experience it than on one of the nine designated Great Walks, the country's premier walking tracks.
This fully rewalked 2nd edition includes route descriptions of each of the country's nine best hikes. Meticulously waymarked and maintained, the Great Walks provide outstanding tramping opportunities for people at all levels of fitness and proficiency. (In New Zealand, hiking is known as tramping)
- Fully rewalked 2nd edition – includes route descriptions for each of the country's nine best hikes with 50 detailed walking maps in the proven Trailblazer style; all walking times are indicated, along with points of interest and gradients. We cover what other guides leave out – comprehensive details of where to stay and where to eat along the way.
- All-in-one-guide – includes everything you need for a walking holiday in New Zealand: getting to New Zealand from the UK, USA & Canada, South Africa, getting to each trailhead, historical and cultural background, health and safety, environmentally sensitive hiking.
- Plus guides to Auckland, Wellington and gateway towns –detailed guides and maps to Auckland, Wellington, National Park Village, Taumaranui, Nelson, Queenstown, Te Anau and Oban.
Read an Excerpt:
- Contents list
- Planning your tramp
- Using this guide
- Sample route guide
- Sample track description
Price: £12.99 buy online now…